Best Left Handed Drills To Hit Your Golf Irons Close Video
A majority of the population is right-handed, as is most of the golfing population. This, of course, means that a majority of golf lessons and tips are geared toward the right-handed golfers. However, there are plenty of left-handed people who play golf as well. Golf-Info-Guide.com presents tips for left-handed golfers to learn the proper technique for hitting iron shots with this free lefties golf lesson video. Hitting iron shots is an integral part of mastering the game of golf. Here learn about hitting short iron shots close to the pin.
Let me ask you left handed golfers. Have you ever been on the golf course, and you have hit your drive a long way and into the middle of the fairway and you want to get close to the pin as you possibly can?
We’re going to talk about how you’re going to achieve that in a really simple way, by adjusting where you hold onto the golf club, to work out different distances so it’s not just maximum distance all the time. The correct placement of the hand on the golf grip is very important because this will determine the position of the lower hand and therefore ultimately can control your golf shot distance.
The proper grip position, stance and swing technique will help you hit a great iron shots with distance control.
- Address the ball, bend forward from your waist without bending your back to ensure you have good posture over the ball. Your right hand should be a little down the shaft to help you make a more controlled swing.
- Place the ball in the center of your stance for short irons and use different hand positions to help control the length of the shot at hand. The closer you move your hands to the club head the shorter the golf ball well travel.
- Start your backswing with a movement of your arms and shoulders to the left, this will ensure correct swing weight transfer.
- From the backswing transition to the downswing with a smooth lower body rotation.
- Accelerate your club through the ball. Concentrating on continuing the swing through to a full finish.
- Transfer your weight during the downswing onto your right side to help make sure you finish your swing and keep you from scooping the ball.
The right swing technique can help you hit the perfect golf shot for the left-handed golfer.