- The right hand and forearm roll over the left; this action is called the release.
- On impact, the hands are ever-so-slightly ahead of the ball.
- The clubhead strikes the ball an instant before hitting the turf.
- Your right knee points inward, at the target.
- The left hip has “cleared,” i.e. rotated left of the target, with the right hip coming around toward the ball.
- The shoulders are square to the target line, your weight evenly balanced on both feet.
You may or not produce a divot with your hybrids, as the clubhead follows a descending but shallow path into the ball.