7 of 7 | < Previous Next >
Once the ball has been struck, it’s important not to quit on the swing. Fortunately, good technique from backswing to impact assures an accelerating motion that glides to a smooth finish.
After impact, the right side is essentially a mirror image of the left on the backswing:
- The right arm has straightened while the left elbow bends.
- The eyes remain focused on the spot where the ball sat, with the head rising naturally as the right shoulder rotates through.
- Weight shifts from the inside of the right foot to the inside of the left foot.
- The belt buckle and chest face the target.
- Weight is balanced on the left foot.
- The hands and arms are fully released (right rolled over left) and over the left shoulder.