- Hybrid-like design delivers superior control and playability
- This "Mini-Driver" is easier to hit from fairway due to its smaller 230cc head & shorter shaft
- Low center of gravity increases carry off the tee
- Patented shot alignment guide and flat crown ensure consistent, on-target aim and accuracy
Golfers everywhere have discovered the game-improving benefits of hybrid clubs. Yet many players struggle to get maximum distance and accuracy from today’s drivers.
Thomas Golf developed the AT 705 Hybrid Driver to be as easy to hit as your favorite hybrid, without sacrificing distance off the tee. This unique club has been called the "Mini Driver", with design characteristics of a hybrid; it is clearly a bold step forward in equipment technology and playability.
- Thomas Golf’s patented alignment guide makes it easy to aim the clubface precisely at your target on each and every shot.
- The club’s level crown creates a wider effective hitting area for excellent forgiveness on off-center hits, so your misses finish closer to the target.
- The AT 705 Hybrid Driver is equipped with a shorter shaft than conventional drivers, greatly aiding control and reducing the margin of your mis-hits. Graphite-shafted models feature a standard length of 43.5” (vs. 45.25” for most drivers); steel shafts are 42.5” (vs. 44.5” for other steel-shafted drivers).
- With a lower center of gravity (COG) than conventional drivers, the AT 705 delivers higher ball flight for extra carry distance off the tee.
- The flat crown eliminates the energy-absorbing flex of traditional, dome-shaped drivers. That means more energy is transferred directly from your swing to the clubface and into the ball, resulting in longer drives.
- For golfers with slower swing speeds, the club’s loft of 10.5° increases launch angle and spin rate to keep the ball airborne and maximize distance.
- Easier to Hit from the Fairway
Unless you’re a pro, today’s 460cc drivers are nearly impossible to hit from the fairway. The head of the AT 705 Hybrid Driver measures just 230cc – half the size of the largest models – which makes a big difference when setting up to hit a ball off the ground.
What’s more, the shorter shaft promotes a compact, in-control swing, while the AT 705 Hybrid Driver’s wide sole – like that of a fairway wood – helps you sweep the ball from a good lie. The club’s low COG and 10.5° loft will send shots airborne with no special swing adjustments.
Precision Sweet-Spot Alignment
Like all Thomas Golf drivers, fairway woods and hybrids, the AT 705 Hybrid Driver features advanced top-plane technology. The level crown lowers the COG to directly align the sweet spot of the club with the sweet spot of the ball at setup – greatly boosting your chances of hitting it flush, generating maximum distance and optimum spin.
The Science of Correct Aim
Did you know that more than 85% of golfers suffer from chronic alignment and ball position issues? And that poor aim can actually cause – and conceal – long-term swing problems? It’s true.
When a golfer repeatedly aligns left or right of the intended target, the body compensates by pushing or pulling the ball back on line. This exaggerated swing path becomes ingrained without the player ever realizing he’s lining up improperly. Many times, he goes through a series of futile swing changes when all he really needs is correct alignment.
The culprit? The curvature of the traditional driver’s clubface and crown, which create visual confusion and interfere with the golfer’s ability to align the club to the target.
Thomas Golf’s level top plane and patented alignment indicator are designed to eliminate this issue and get you set up correctly on every single shot. You’ll begin aiming the club properly and, just as importantly, setting the feet, hips and shoulders square to your target line – the key to hitting long, accurate drives.
The Thomas Golf AT 705 Hybrid Driver delivers incredible distance, accuracy, forgiveness, trajectory, sound and feel. It takes driver playability to a whole new level.